Modular vehicle army

My little army, was super nice practice to work on those modular vehicles and I can see it come in really handy. As with my mech i went waaaaaaay overboard on extruding loop cutting and everything else but i am quite steady with the shortcuts in blender now. materials are also to flashy for a functional army but hey, at least you can find them in the dark after they have been obliterated. for the renders i struggled with making my floor plane fade out… also the principled volume basically becomes unusable in the cycles render :(. anyways thanks a bunch for this course and i look forward to get into sculpting some humanoid characters since that is what i design in 2D :smiley:

6 Likes

did I hear you ask for close ups? No? here they are anyway

6 Likes

A fine glow in the dark set of vehicles, Targeting friendly!

1 Like

Maybe, change the floor color/texture. Because all your nice models, blends into the floor.
making them less visible.

1 Like

removing that floor was one of the best things I did the past week. Thanks! I generally cleaned up the materials for the vehicles they were way too busy and clashed with the already busy models. You can see them much clearer now. But because I still wanted shiny glowy things I tried adding some VFX for the weapons firing, which turned out quite cool I think.

6 Likes

Yes, improvement. Most of the time “Less is more”…

2 Likes

I dig your glowing wheels.

Privacy & Terms