Modular House Convert To Mesh issue

Hi,

I’m going through the Blender environmental artist course. I’m about 78% complete. I’m currently on the video “Organise & Build a House”. I’m at about the 55 second mark in the video where you convert the bay window area to a mesh. When I do the conversion, all the details on the wall modulars disappear. I’ve attached before and after screen shots as well as a YouTube video link so you can see the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before convert screen shot

After convert screen shot

Video link
Convert To Mesh Issue

Thanks,
Leif W

1 Like

It looks strange.

I didn’t do the course, but I find the step convert “Curve from mesh/text” very strange.

Meaning you want to convert a mesh (like a face with four sides) into a curve (a line ), then there are no faces anymore …

Also you’re using Blender 2.83, which is old. Check the version the teachers is using, because a lot of functions are renamed, relabeled, and different menu. etc.

2.8 was the start of a new Blender UI, and since then a lot of changes in behavior.

You can install multiple versions of Blender ! Old ones 2.83 and new ones 3.2.1

Hi FedPete

I messed up. I selected the wrong convert method. Please don’t look into this any further. I apologize for my mistake. I will delte this post.

Thanks,
Leif W.

2 Likes

Just keep it. in case someone else has a similar problem.
We all are learning here !

Glad you’ve asked. Now you can continue.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms