Modular Dungeon - Layout Workspace issue

Hi all,

First of all, I would say thank you for this blender course, I’m learning so much, it’s really passionate. I rush the course to start the update lesson for Blender 3.2 !

Actually I’m really concern, the workspace layout doesn’t work normally, as you can see, it’s like a mesh issue, but I can’t even move into the workspace, I can’t zoom in or out, in render mode everything look good but I can’t zoom and move too. Also, the other workspace like “Modeling”, “UV editing”, work normally.

Do you know if I can do something ? That was appears just when I finished to set the light so at the end of my dungeon, it’s very frustating… I tryied to open a new scene but it’s the same issue. I wanted to load previous version but the last one was save when the problem was already here.

And it’s the same render with the original models however is not related.

Thank you for your answer.

Update: I exported all my scene in wavefront (.obj), and open it in a new file, all it’s work, I just need to set the torchs flame and put the lighting again, I don’t know why ?
I exported in wavefront juste because I saw lot of models downloadable using it, but can you explain why and wich export use depending the case ?

Thanks you again !

2 Likes
  • Did you reset the mouse-zoom, using the ‘.’ dot on Numpad
  • If you hide, block, etc the camera then also some functions are blocked
  • you can open a new .blend file and files>append object or collection. No need for export.
2 Likes

I tried the point but the zoom was reset just for a few uses and all movement starts to be blocked again and objects remain torn.

Thanks for the idea of adding the collection to a new file rather than exporting, everything worked, even the lights and torches!

So for my damaged file, it’s not reversible? Do you know what could have caused this, a wrong manipulation?

Thanks again :sunny:

1 Like

I had a few occasions with strange Blender behavior, went back to an old backup. Or just APPEND a collection (which are very handy if you create smart collection). But it happens me less and less. I even have only one backup file nowadays.

I think, it’s because of inexperienced Blender usage. Blender is complex, and all those options, switches, memory, etc. can give strange results when used in the wrong order and or combination of options. Also hot-key are a life saver but also a pain in the but. When you press a wrong key, nothing happen on screen but internally, something will be set and the start of strange behavior. That it’s hard to say when it started or how.
Also hotkeys can be panel dependend, the key does it thing on the panel where the mouse is on… With the new UI it become lesser problematic.
Practise a lot, when something went wrong, try to recover it by strasing back steps. Especcially when you start to experiment (use a copy).

have fun

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I’ll take the habit to do a backup for my projects !

Have a good day. :sunny:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms