Modeling the body section finished

I finished the base body. How does it look?
Now time for clothes, however I will try to model a little different outfit after carefully listening to Grant’s tips.

7 Likes

Maybe it is the positioning of the arms, so i could be wrong,
but on the image they look a bit thin compared to the rest of the body and the legs.
Apart from that it looks very good if you ask me.

2 Likes

I happen to agree the arms do look very thin in comparison to the rest of the body, and I also happen to agree generally that she’s coming along very nicely. I look forward to seeing what clothing goodies you come up with for her. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks nice. Almost identical to mine, but a view from the other side. I am also setting up an alternate clothing set for her to wear. When I finish the boots, I will load up a reference image for high heel shoes.

2 Likes

Thank you for replies. Indeed I also see now that arms are too thin. This is why is good when someone else can give a fresh look to the project.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve noticed you update after every lesson. I am going to show my model after next section. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m going to model Lina Inverse from anime “The Slayers” :thinking: Her hair and cape will be a real challenge.

1 Like

There is a shadow which cover the inner part of her arm (if you zoom, it is easier to notice it), but I’m going to make them a little thicker. Thanks for your advice :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

In other things I take classes in, and teach, the instructor asks what the take away or “ah ha” moment was during the class, lecture, or seminar. We are encouraged to communicate what is going on with us while taking the course. This allows others to give feedback to me. Also, I may bring up something that someone else missed and then benefits from. So, I am applying that philosophy to these courses. The one thing I do fear is getting a lot done on my model then having to trash it all because I did something stupid in the beginning. You know, a massive “learning experience.” :wink:

2 Likes

Looks good, have to remember it is this anime thing, not real human. More like an alien actually. Not least as the head topology is all wrong or different to how a human head topology would be. So thin arms if they match the reference are what is expected of this anime style.
You might tell I have no great liking of the style, lol. But have just got to the end of the published content.

1 Like

Yep, I am not the only one who can see an alien here then, haha. Even if I love semi realistic anime style. A bald anime character is always a little like :alien:

1 Like

I think it is those deep set eyes that make it look so alien. Not sure how those will work out in the final. Even with the inside painted white, shadows from the iris object will still be visible back there. Waiting to see how it works out.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms