Modeling a Guitar - Music Man Majesty 2019

Excellent, Capa!!! I love your model!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is looking fantastic!

I absolutely adore the procedural textures you’re using on the body and the fingerboard.

Also, I love John Petrucci. He’s probably one of the most talented electric guitarists to have ever walked the planet.

1 Like

@Jada Thanks Jada! :smiley:

Thanks, Mark

Despite I could have tried to make the “Wood” procedural, it’s really a diffuse texture for the main part, the same I used for the “Neck”, then I used some ColorRamp and some MixRGB to give color + the Hue. Which after I plugged just a Value node to each Hue.

The fingerboard is just a “Wave Texture” with some distortion and ColorRamps :smiley:
Used a Mapping Texture Node to rotate the orientation.
If you notice that the intensity fades slightly to the edges is because there is a Mix with a Gradient :wink:

And then I made 2 black and white texture with Gimp, to use as Factor.(for this I had to unwrap the top part)
One to make that “V” Shape of the darker part on the bottom and the other to define the shape of the middle which looks like a “Bullet” to me.
After that was just Mix Shader with VShape texture as Factor and plug the output of this to another Mix Shader using the BulletShape texture as Factor.

About JP, totally agree.
I’m not a Guitarrist myself but I’m a fan of Dream Theater / Liquid Tension, and what JP does is amazing.

2 Likes

Might be necrotizing this post, but I just wanted to chime in and say this whole thing looks really cool!
Well done. Especially that close up Eevee render of the neck and strings. So much detail. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

Yeah that eevee close up ended looking pretty good.

You should check the final render scene :wink:

Privacy & Terms