Missing several files in BuildingEscape folder

I only have: .vs, Binaries, intermediate, Saved, BuildingEscape.sln in my folder. Missing a folder called “Build” and a file called BuildingEscape.VC.db.
I am currently using the 4.18 version of Unreal Engine.
What should I do?

What you need for the project to be able to regenerate itself and work correctly is:

Folders: Config, Content, Source
File: BuildingEscape.uproject

If you are missing one of these, then you should try to get them back using your version control software. If you haven’t setup version control, I’m afraid it’s going to be very hard bringing your project up again.

As for the rest of the files and folders, you can delete them if you wish, and don’t worry if some of them are already missing (the Build folder, for example, is not located in the project root in UE4.18 anymore, but instead only inside the Intermediate folder). Before trying to delete anything, make sure you make a zip backup of everything, or that you have your version control software working and configured properly.

Hi,
I have verified I have all of the required files listed above but keep getting this error on startup.
Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I’ve tried the right click > Generate option, but that’s not worked either.
Thanks in advance!

Privacy & Terms