Mirroring roof does not rotate 90 degrees

Hello! When i attempt to rotate the second roof 90 degrees its rotating both panels.

I followed the steps to get to the second roof but even the first roof does not rotate as a whole unit.

What axis are you rotating it on? Local Z?
What pivot point are you set to? You cut off all the info all around the Blender window!

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

Sorry! new to this !

So when it came to the time 4:17 into the mirror modifier episode. I realized he somehow clipped the mirrored roof but it doesnt work with my roof when i rotate it because the the mirrored side rotates off the origin as well as the created roof rotates but not as one unit but two separate units so when i rotate the roof on the Z rotation both rotate in its own

and when i clip the mirror it still has no affect.

This is the second roof i am trying to create from the reference photo on the right! it wont rotate as a whole!

Humm. Are you constraining the rotation to the required axis, Z?

Much easier than those gizmo things. R to rotate, ZZ to say only in the local Z axis then drag mouse, or type in 90.

The original roof should be clipped together.
Grant will have moved the mesh closer to the mirror line (in edit mode) until they clip together so long as ‘Clipping’ is ticked in the modifier.

That is probably the thing to get right first.

Perhaps rewatch the Mirror modifier lecture?

I have figured it out and was attaching the roof part to the house itself! lol ^.^’

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms