MINING QUEST: ‘Spawn a New Feature’ - Solutions

Quest: Mining Quest
Challenge: Spawn a New Feature

Feel free to share your solutions, ideas and creations below. If you get stuck, you can find some ideas here for completing this challenge.

My “bonus” feature. Cobwebs on the floor, which will slow you down by 50%.

2021-05-04 19_30_01-UCC_Mining_Quest - Sandbox - WebGL - Unity 2021.1.4f1 Personal DX11

5 Likes

Cool idea!

I opted out of spawning anything new (even though that was technically the challenge) and instead added some new functionality. I gave the player some health and synced that up with some hearts in the top right of the UI. Collision with an enemy causes the player to lose health while collision with food replenishes health at the expense of not increasing the food count (I like to think he’s eating it instead of storing it for his camp lol) I also added a couple of visual cues similar to a previous quest where the player blinks when taking damage as well as a new animation using a couple of the extra miner sprites.

This quest was challenging for me, but I’m walking away with a little more knowledge of switch statements, for loops, and arrays! Special thanks to @MC_dev for sharing their solutions.

FortyMinerGif

Privacy & Terms