Milestone Commitment

I will be able to hand my writing portfolio to readers by December 15th. It’s what I’ll put in the invitation e-mail.

That portfolio will include 5 pieces of fiction (of varying lengths and styles) so that readers can choose the top 3 that I will submit for my MFA application.

3 Likes

My Commitment:

I will be working 40+ hours each week until my project is finished.

By September 16th, I will have finished the RPG Core Combat Creator (new content only) course and will have a working demo game from it made with my own assets*.

*These will mainly be assets I have previously purchased from Unity’s asset store in preparation of creating my own game. I don’t expect to CREATE that many assets in addition to the programming and game creation in just over a month.

How’s the demo?

My goal is to have my five to ten minute MVP demo ready to share by 8/31/20 which is six weeks from Monday. My thirty day goal is:

• Add sound effects to the intro sequence
  • Show the results of the first art that I have commissioned to the second artist I hope to bring on board
  • Flesh out at least one of the two scenes I want in the demo
    • Combat checklist
    • NPC dialogue
    • Full set of icons (placeholder is okay)

I’m committing to work at least seven hours a week. More importantly for me, I’m committing to working at least five days a week. I have ADHD and my projects tend to flow a lot better if I focus on days than hours. (Not paying concrete attention to the passage of time while I am sitting at my computer really helps me work for long stretches - so I feel I’m much better off focusing on finishing at least one task per day).

Privacy & Terms