Mid Section Challenge - Guitar on a Small Scene

Well there is a small scene and guitar on it. I will have nightmares about those round forms of the guitar’s body.
There are only 10 meshes in this guitar, so I can create a new body and connect it to the old neck

23 Likes

:grin: Now try a saxophone or tuba something curly!

4 Likes

Nice model. Don’t be afraid of more vertices. You will learn to improve with more Blender knowledge.
add a bevel (modifier) to the guitar body …

4 Likes

That is amazing!

2 Likes

As a guitarist, I appreciate this. Well done.

3 Likes

Looks very similar to a Les Paul imo. Very well done, good work!:blush:

2 Likes

@robbylafavor
@0zzy98
@Raiju
Thank you! :blush:
My younger brother plays on a Les Paul guitar (it’s Ibanez “some letters” idk)- so it was my reference

1 Like

Very nicely done! If it’s an Ibanez LP style and not vintage, I’d hazard a guess it’s from either the ART series, ARZ series, or Gio series. If it is vintage, then it’s very likely a 2350. Though judging by the control layout (volume/tone/pickup selector switch), I’d be almost willing to bet money it’s an ART120, specifically.

Sorry, bit of a gearhead (have nearly 30 guitars and basses myself, including more’n half a dozen different Ibanez).

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s my old work and for me it looks kinda angular now
I asked my brother and he said it was Ibanez GART 011. And yeah, it has pair of violet stripes on it but I didn’t know how to draw them back then. I started learning about texturing much later.

Sorry, bit of a gearhead (have nearly 30 guitars and basses myself, including more’n half a dozen different Ibanez)

I understand :laughing: my little brother has four or five of them and he is constantly changing, selling and buying. He spends a lot of money on guitars

2 Likes

Ah yeah, that’s one of the Gio series from back in the early 2010s. They were pretty popular, but not in my wheelhouse, mostly because of those stripes. Glad to know I can still get close just from a render!

I understand :laughing: my little brother has four or five of them and he is constantly changing, selling
and buying. He spends a lot of money on guitars

It’s a rather expensive hobby, to be sure. I’ve accumulated my collection over 22 years of playing. Never had the heart to sell any though, as every single one I’ve had, from my crappy little Lyon Strat knockoff, all the way to my vintage $$$ Lotus Dragon Explorer have a story with ‘em. That Lyon, for instance, was all that stood between me and foreclosure at one point. Ain’t no way I’m sellin’ it!

As to the render being old work, always good to look back and see how far you’ve come. I have zero artistic abilities, for instance (stick figures are about all I can do), music is my forte. But going back to my earliest recordings vs what I do now? Night and day. Never forget your roots, and always strive to move onward and upwards.

That said, this is an absolutely stellar piece, as is evidenced by the fact I could pretty much ID the instrument–and that speaks to your talent as a modeler.

2 Likes

Nice looking Guitar. Looks amazing with the lighting and the dark background.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms