Mice the scroll on the x

all magic mice do, all touch pads do :slight_smile:

Oh you’re right! I completely forgot about touch pads, I was just thinking of actual physical mice.

Was going to post a new thread, I just did that Debug.Log() for the mouseScrollDelta and my mouse’s scroll wheel is more like giving -0.5 or 0.5 on the y. The trackpad OTOH gives me values up to -3 or 3 on both axis.

That’s a tricky one… Ideally, one would want to normalize the output of the scroll, but there isn’t away in the original input system to differentiate between a physical mouse scroll wheel and a track pad’s scroll bar.

I just looked in the new input system, and while you can differentiate between a physical mouse and a virtual one, the only other option is “other”. While you should be able to use processors on those values to scale the scroll values to be in line with the physical mouse, this value will likely differ from device to device.

In a finished game, I think I would likely put in a “scroll sensitivity” that would be set in a configuration menu for the end user, and use that as a multiplier to normalize the scroll. Then it’s up to the user to seet that the track pad’s scroll bar is OP, and set the scroll sensetivity in a settings menu.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms