MetaHuman Legs Not Animating

Everything is fine except his legs are not animating.

This is happening after you enable live retargeting? Does the same issue occur if you toggle it off and on again?

Yes, I tried setting that boolean back to false and then true. The same thing happens. Some how the retargeting isn’t including the legs I guess?

Update, when I imported another MetaHuman later in the course for the enemy it worked fine. There is something with the custom one I produced for the player.

Maybe try reimporting your custom Metahuman again, it’s an experimental feature so it might be possible that something happened in the import.

The reimport didn’t help, something must be wrong with the custom character.

I’m using Engine version 5.1.1 and set the custom character creator to 5.1. Do think you think one of those is buggy?

It’s possible, and when researching your issue you’re definitely not alone in this happening. However, the solutions seem to be related to the manual version of re-targeting and not the live re-targeting feature that’s used at this point in the course.

You mentioned earlier that the pre-made metahumans worked fine. Is it possible to try with a second custom Metahuman to see what happens?

It appears the problem is here, but I can’t figure out how to change the assigned skeleton.

I figured out how to reassign the skeleton (right click in the content browser - > skeleton → assign skeleton.
But using the skeleton the non custom character has for legs didn’t work either.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms