Messy desk (well desk-ish) space

Well, I’ve been taking over the kitchen table when I’ve been studying etc.

Just going through the TwinStix section, with the Xplatform manager…

You know space is an issue when you try to allocate space for laptop, second monitor, controller and tablet for device testing, and you don’t have enough space for a coffee lol

Need a rethink :wink:

2 Likes

I feel ya man. I use my dinner table to put my mouse and laptop and so if I put more stuff, I have to get rid of EVERYTHING so my family can put dinner. And there is barely enough space. Also what laptop is that? and solution for coffee, just hold it in your hand. Forever. Coffee is more important than anything, without it, your production speed level will decrease by a wapping 30%! Who cares if you have to type with one hand!

1 Like

hehe, I have got a solution to my caffeinated conundrum… Just pulled a chair out and put the coffee on it :slight_smile:

Yeah theres no chance my lot are having dinner in the kitchen as well , ive taken over lol

the laptops an old HP 250 G1 I have for work, bit on the slow side, but its all I have and just about copes with what I throw at it :wink:

I have an MSI cx61 2qc. It has pretty decent performance, I mean it runs everything that I need it to run. Buuuuuuuut a few months ago I ran into a problem. At the back of my screen there was a small crack. It kept expanding and it still is. Now it is a gigantic crack! Problem with that is that I cannot close my screen since the crack is like at the bottom left corner of the screen. So my screen kinda bends. I just want to know if there is a way to possibly replace the back-plate of the screen or if maybe geek squad could fix it. Also how did I not think of just using another chair?

Backplate, as in the top cover? Is it the screen itself that is cracked behind the plastic bezel? usually get a replacement screen for about £35 / $40 ish, and its fairly straight forward depending on model.

Backplate as in the actually back of the whole entire screen. The LCD screen is fine. The bezels are a bit rubbish but overall fine. Here are some pictures my workspace and the screen.

So is there a way to fix that or replace the backplate?

sorry been away at work.
but just a quick ebay search, look for other items such as
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-MSI-CX61-2QC-MS-16GD-15-6-Laptop-LCD-Complete-Lid-Screen-LVDS-30-PIN/132122442162?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41451%26meid%3D05fd73dc675544798f9d64392a06560e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D132124586755

should get it a bit cheaper if you search around, there are spare parts out there :slight_smile:

that ones got the LCD in it too, but if you have a dig around for one thats got a broken LCD, that would do you. then just youtube the repair

1 Like

Oh wow, thanks. Never thought of eBay. I’ll try to get it when I need to. Because I figured out an alternate solution, never close the lid of the laptop. Ever. Also now I have a separate table where I can keep my second monitor forever! MUHAHAHAHA! And drink coffee at the same time! Thanks for the product, see ya on discord.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms