Mesh is missing

When I import the models, there’s no mesh. I also get an error saying “Blender could not be found.” I don’t think that has anything to do with it, but it might. I have tried newer and older versions of unity, but the mesh is still missing. Please help.

1 Like

Hi,

This one got answered in the Udemy Q&A, I cant remember if it is also xivered on the forum, but basically, install Blender. You dont need to use it, just have it installed.

Close and re-open Unity and then reimport the assets.

Later in the course yoy import replacement assets which do not have this requirement.

Thank you for the reply :smiley:

I have blender installed already. I’ll try a re-install and see if that helps.

1 Like

Just to be sure, make certain its the desktop download version as opposed to the Steam version.

I didn’t even know there was a steam version haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In one sense then that’s a good thing… in another, concerning as if you have Blender installed you shouldn’t experience these issues… hmmm…

In the order of events, did you install the assets before or after the installation of Blender?

As Blender will take longer to reinstall, perhaps it’s worth trying to re-import the assets first as it will take less time?

I re-imported the assets a few times, but nothing happened. Finally got around to reinstalling blender, though. It seems to be working now. Thanks for all the help :smiley:

1 Like

Fab, glad you can move forward again! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms