Mayan Pyramide Challenge COMPLETE (all challenges from lesson 28 to 35)

I forgot to post the progress of my Mayan Pyramid, so I decided to put all pictures in one post. Here it is, maybe it can help someone out.

Step 1: Inset + Extrude and repeat. After the first level, everything was done on Keyboard.

Step 2: Here i tried to make 2 loop cuts at once and ended up with a wrong angle on my stairway.

That is not what I wanted, so Ctrl+Z a few times and made 1 cut and then another and placed both cuts on top of each other in the middle; then I grabbed them and moved them into place. Done! No wait… the ramp is missing. I selected top edge and bottom edge, fill and remove doubles. OK ready for the next step now.

Step 3 & 4: I used Circle Select and deleted. Hello Ramp! :slight_smile:
One quick extrude. Now to join the top vertices on the right place, the best is to work in side view and activate snap to vertices or edge. On bottom to get the ramp to the ground: side view and grabbed the vertex with incremental snap, and placed it on x and z.

Step 5: Made the railings like I saw it be done in the video.

Step 6: Made the first step extruding the vert and edges, then used Array Modifier. Nice stuff… very powerful indeed!

Step 7: I heard something like: Go crazy on the Top. :slight_smile: crazy is my middle name… extrude, scale, inset, … , a few clicks later:

Step 8: I made the door as explained in the video, using subdivisions and extrude.

Bonus: I added some colors just to differentiate things better.

That’s it :slight_smile: My Mayan pyramid :hammer_and_pick:

• every time I try to write vertex my auto correct suggests something new :slight_smile: sorry 'bout that

Privacy & Terms