Mayan Pyramid

Hey all,

Finished my pyramid! I could have done more with modelling the pyramid itself but pretty happy with the scene. Added low poly cactuses (since they were quick and effective), and a sun, but I have a lot to learn about emulating sunlight or star light. (something I want to get more into).

10 Likes

Nice :+1: I’m proud of you

1 Like

That looks really good! Very nice aesthetics with the sun behind the temple! :smiley:

Love the cactuses and the desert - beautiful!

If you’d like those long, sunset shadows, select your lamp, and go to the Object Data Properties tab on the right. It has a green lightbulb on the tab. Change the light from Point to Sun. (You’ll need to adjust the strength. It uses a different system than Point, and chances are it’ll be too strong when you switch).

Light-Sun

Sun lights work differently, too. A Point Light sends rays out in all directions from the point. The Sun Light doesn’t. It really just provides a direction. As you rotate the sun around, you tell Blender the direction you want the sunlight from. All light rays will run parallel, and you’ll get the long parallel shadows.

3 Likes

The Sand and cactuses are a nice touch. Breaks up the usual very flat ground.

2 Likes

Very good pyramid and some nice additions to build a scene with it.

Lighting takes some getting used to. Especially night scenes.

2 Likes

Excellent tips, thanks!

1 Like

Nice job. I like that you made the ground uneven and added some “dunes” and the cacti.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms