Mayan Pyramid Ramp Faces not working or the loop cut that comes after

On Chapter 33 of the Blender Course, I seem to be having some kind of trouble.

After I select, extrude and move the steps along the X axis and then try to dissolve the edges, I don’t get multiple faces like the example in the video shown. I just get one flat surface that looks empty.

On top of that, I seem unable to make a loop cut that goes all the way around the model in Chapter 34.

1 Like

Did you do as Mikey did in the lecture and make a slope before by another method? Making a face from the top and bottom edge? Mikey later deletes it as duplicate geometry to his better way.

Or possibly.
You only delete the left behind front edges not the ones you slide back.

1 Like

I didn’t use the fill option as when I try to fill in between the top and bottom edges, Blender says “No faces filled” when I try to do that example. So there’s no geometry underneath.

I went back and watched the lesson carefully and now I see where I made a mistake thanks to you. I was supposed to select only the front top edge of each step when I was selecting ALL of the edges. Now my ramp has all those edges and looks like how it’s supposed to look in the examples.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms