Math - The Sine Rule

In this lecture we looked at how the sine rule can help us solve any AAS, SSA, and ASA type triangles (provided we have at least 3 pieces of information).

Remember that, when finding an unknown angle in SSA type triangles, there may be two possible solutions to the problem. This often happens when the second side (opposite the angle) is shorter than the first side.
Luckily, we usually have additional information, like the fixed positions of objects, to help eliminate the second solution. However, that’s not always the case so you should always keep that in mind.

Not sure where to write this, but on the test for the last section the last three questions seem wrong to me. Number 5 and number 6 are the same question, and I get 15.2 as an answer but the test tells me that’s wrong, and for number 4 I get 36.9 which I felt pretty certain was right and even checked on a trigonometry calculator website, but it told me that was wrong too.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @olidadda.

You’re absolutely correct with your answers (could you edit your post with spoiler tags?)

It looks like something has gone awry with the quiz so I’ll get it fixed asap.
Both questions 4 and 5 have been set up with the wrong answer (both have been defaulted to ‘D’ for their answer) and there should only be 5 questions in the quiz.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms