Materials not auto-updating in Unity

Materials not auto-updating in Unity

I have created the bowling pin and imported into unity by saving the blend file directly into the unity assets folder. This works fine and the pin shows up in my unity scene as expected. When I make a change to the pin’s geometry in blender and save, the change is reflected in unity automatically, however, when I make a change to the material and save (I changed the color of the pin stripe from red to blue), the change does not get reflected in Unity. The Materials do not get updated.

Blender 2.7.9 After changing the material from Red to Blue

Unity 2017.2 After changing the material from Red to Blue

Can anyone suggest how to update the materials?

Thanks

hey Ashley, i know i’m a bit late for replying but i managed to find a way to get this working:
When creating a new project in unity, you can actually assign unity to get it’s assets from a folder you tell it to, it’s when you can name the project, below the name it has a file directory, click on the dots behind it, make a folder within the desired file directory (in my case i created a new one for this course) and save your .blend files there, and it should work!

I did not however find a way to change the assets folder file directory when the project is already created, so i do not know if you need to start an entirely new project or not.

Privacy & Terms