Material Reflection page

Using 2.93. Right CLicking on an object does not bring up Object Context Menu. Needed to type “W” instead. Is this a Blender 3.0+ thing? My laptop crashes with anything above 2.93.

Just so long as I can continue following along.

Old Dog

1 Like

That’s odd… As far as I know, right-clicking has worked the same way since Blender 2.8.
What happens when you right-click?

1 Like

I’m having the same reaction. It only works in my 3.3.

My old 2.79 doesn’t even work with “W” in Object mode, only Edit mode.

My 2.93 only allows me to use “W” in both Object and Edit modes, and the menu list is shorter in Object mode. Only Edit mode gives you the entire list of options, though that doesn’t really seem strange as some things just won’t work in Object mode.

My 3.3 allows me to right-click to get the context menu in both Object and Edit modes.

That all said, I’m so used to using “W”, I’ve not thought about using the right-click option in version 3.3, which I’m still getting used to using.

1 Like

Okay, Miss_B’s post gave me an idea, so I checked to see if it was right. It looks like not having the right click menu, and the “W” shortcut are part of the standard 2.7x shortcuts.

If you are comfortable with key bindings, keep using them. I’m not sure how frequently you’ll run into the problem of your shortcuts being different from the instructors’.

4 Likes

Very true, and newer Blender users are not likely to have the older versions. I’ve been using Blender for a long time, so using “W” is automatic for me.

2 Likes

Odd, Right clicking I felt has been the way since 2.8 as W cycles through the selection types.

Right click to get to shade smooth feels like it was always that way.

2 Likes

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this… It just selects the object and I’m able to move the object on right-click

1 Like

Here’s to hoping t won’t be an issue. I did ask Grant if having 2.93 was gong to be an issue other than maybe transposing the info for use now and when I’m able to afford an actual PC with power, just using that information then. The theory is the same (me hopes).

Thanks for the info folks

Old Dog

1 Like

Privacy & Terms