Massive Expansion of the Unity Mobile C# Developer Course

Hello! I have just completed the Unity Mobile C# Developer Course. As this course is created for beginners, I would think with Unity being the go-to engine for mobile game development, GameDev.tv should create intermediate and advanced courses.

GameDev.tv would likely be compensated well financially from this offering simply based on the popularity of mobile game development.

These new intermediate and advanced mobile courses could contain the following:

• Haptic/vibration integration
  • Complete touch control functionality (this was touched on but not enough)
  • Virtual joystick integration
  • New games with score systems that do not rely on time
  • Power-up integration (think extra speed or an extra life)
  • HUD integration
  • Art design for UI (main menu and HUD)
  • Multiplayer integration
  • Banner ad integration
  • Database integration for remembering player data such as inventory

Those are just off the top of my mind. If you (other GameDev.tv users and staff) have ideas for these mobile courses, please reply with them!

I think this is an amazing idea, I would suggest if gamedev.tv does this, maybe they do it in the form of hit games, for example you make games such as:
Candy crush
Subway surfers
Slither.io
Then you can implement what you said into various hit games, just some examples, but I love this idea!

3 Likes

Oh sorry, never realized that this was an old thread, imma tell my friends about this though, love the idea.

1 Like

I honestly think that your and @Christopher_Powell ideas together would make for an amazing course, I to want to see it!

2 Likes

Nice to see this topic get some traction! I really hope GameDev.tv invests in a massive expansion of their C# mobile developer course.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms