Mars Marine - Larger Alien spawns not attacking - what do I need to adjust?

So I’ve just completed the Mars Marine course and I’ve set the aliens to progressively get larger as the waves move on. However, at some point the alien models are no longer able to attack me.

I thought I could adjust the Attack Range variable from BP_Alien, but I want to do this in a calculation with the Current Wave variable in BP_Mars_Marine_Gamemode during the alien spawn. When I try to cast or get actor of class to see the BP_Alien Attack Range variable I get errors.

How should I best accomplish this?

Ok, I was clearly not thinking straight. I just put the attack range adjustment in the Gamemode blueprint as I could cast down to the Alien Blueprint when I couldn’t the other way around.

However, the original issue still exists. I have created a wave of larger spawning aliens but they cannot seem to attack the player. I assumed they needed a larger attack distance to trigger but this seems to not be the case. Could it be that the player capsule is too small for the larger aliens to trigger the attack? What could I change to make this work?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms