Making walls - found weird move plane glitch

not sure if it was a glitch or error on mine or lecturers part, but when i move the plane, press G then x then 2 to move it to the point. it works. when i put in G then Z then 2 it doesnt move it up, but moves is forward or back. when i hit G Y 2 it moves as expected and the information in Transform says the same as in the video (X 2m, Y 0m, Z 2m) even tho i aske dit ot move on the Y axis to get to where it is in the video not the Z axis.
Anyone know the cause of this? i checked i was in front view (1 on numpad), checked matched the catezian plane with the video on etc… and i cant figure out if its a glitch or a miss tell on the video.

1 Like

Do you have a accidentally entered a scale of ‘0’ for this object?

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.

1 Like

My guess in the dark, no images, is your object has some rotation on it that is not applied so it still sees the world locally, how it was before it was rotated. Ctrl A , Rotations, would fix this if it is the problem.

3 Likes

Not sure. I wonder if it had anything to do with Global and local transformation orientation.

1 Like

Which is exactly what I suggested. Without visual information no one that tried can help you, if you still ned it that is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms