Making my own "Triple I" Shooter

So, first time poster… I wanted to post a lot more, but got really bummed out after writing a long post with lost of spiffy art and then the window tells me new members can only post two links. no vids for you guys then raspberry. Sorry for the weird, it’s been a crazy couple of months and I’m taking the time to do this when I should be in bed, but I am still moving forward as always; with little sleep and an iron will worthy of kung-fu masters. I just wish I hadn’t spent an hour writing all that and looking up links and stuff.

If you want to know more about me, Ben and the nice folks who made the Unity Course did a write up about me here: http://www.completeunitydeveloper.com/blog/unity-course-student-converts-pen-paper-role-playing-game-into-a-aaa-video-game?utm_content=bufferfbec9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Didn’t read all that or follow the links? It’s cool, I have the attention span of a gnat too. TL/DR: I am making my own Triple A type shooter, that will combine elements of first person shooters, 3rd person action RPG, real time strategy, and vehicle combat into one big soup of good times. I’m already building Deathmatch, MOBA arenas, and I’m shooting for an open world PVE experience as well with aspects similar to an MMO for multiplayer lobbies. Wait… Why are you laughing? Come back? But, but… I’m really doing it.

YES, I know I’m crazy… But I’ve been doing it for 4 years, and I’m getting better at it every day.

I’m also very tired and am writing this after already working on it for an hour and being nerfed by the new member policy (fine and necessary policy it is).

Status Quo: Chronicles of a Universe at War is based on a series of roleplaying games I started writing years ago. I was published by the company that owned Earthdawn, and I wrote a game for them that faded into obscurity, and I own the rights to it. I didn’t start making it into a video game until 4 years ago. Since then I’ve had to learn everything myself.

I have already built 3 world maps, the largest is over 42 square kilometers.

I have 3 multiplayer deathmatch maps already underway.

I’m currently in the process of setting up my character controllers… 4 down, 24 more to go. I hope to have those done by December so I can continue cloud multiplayer testing.

I have menus well underway.

And some really stupid big long term plans on expanding my universe once I get on Steam and get gameplay how I want it.

My Strengths:

Zbrush, Blender, Substance Painter, just about every Adobe product, Unity 5… I’m getting better at all of them every day. I’ve been learning C#, rigging, animation, and I’ve either built, licensed, collected, or bought almost all of my physical assets. I have 20 years of experience writing games on paper (heh, see what I did there?) and I’m working on making my baby… a hungry, angry baby.

Despite that, I have little ego, and I don’t get into the usual geek debates. I’m more of a mutters under breath and walks away trying to figure out if it can work kind of guy… I’m not on the Autistic spectrum, I think I’m just weird. If I can figure out how to do it, with little sleep and more coffee I have already figured out how to do everything you see here. This is almost all me (85% ish), and 4 years ago I didn’t know how to use anything but Photoshop. I don’t know if I got hit in the head one too many times, but this stuff clicks in my brain, and we all enjoy being good at something don’t we?

My Weaknesses:

I know next to nothing about the video game industry. I was a project manager for a Fortune 20 company, I know business and how to not spend myself into a hole (I’ve done all of this for less than $5k and 4 years); so I’ve made some really cool friends from all over this amazing planet of ours. I have so much talent (not even counting myself) and not a dime to spend on it… so I keep learning and doing it all myself until it’s ready to melt faces.

I failed a Kickstarter before anyone knew what Kickstarter was… twice. I’m still doing this, and I won’t stop til it’s finished, sellable, or I’m taking a dirt nap.

Thanks for your time, please don’t tell me I suck. I’m going to bed.

3 Likes

May I be the first, here, to compliment you on the name! It’s simply inspired.

1 Like

Thanks! Came up with it 13 years ago.

www.miffedkittypress.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/SQProject
Twitter: @Cheshire3D

This is just Amazing!
Looking forward to play it Ches. Congratulations!!

:grinning:

1 Like

Amazing work man!!! Looks spectacular! and here i am trying to make this spider walk hahaha… Cant wait to get to play this sucker!

Privacy & Terms