Make Games in UE5 with C++: The Game Mode

Hello, I’ve been having a weird issue, and I don’t know if it is due to my inexperience in Unreal. I’ve been following this course, and in this lesson it comes time to test that the player start is loading the car sprite. the issue is, when I click play, I just get a black void. everything disappears. if I click the WASD keys, I can see the location and rotation numbers change, but everything is just black. I double checked all my settings and they match the ones in the video 100%. I didn’t do anything differently. I tried searching the internet for a solution, and while it seems like a common problem, the suggested answer of turning off streaming in the World Settings isn’t there. Is there something I’m missing?

This is almost certainly down one of either thr rotation of the spring arm or y position of the player start.

The z rotation of the spring arm should be set to -90 and all other rotations on the player should be 0.the player start should also be zero.

Lastly, check your y position for the player start is also set to 0. X and z should be set appropriately to position over the track.

You may want to review the lecture on setting up the player as well to be sure everything is correct.

1 Like

oh wow. you’re a lifesaver. even though I thought I was following the lesson to the letter, I guess I missed setting the spring arm Z-axis rotation to -90 degrees. that was the problem. all the other settings were correct.

weird that it was working fine until I deleted the player blueprint from the outliner, then it broke. I wonder why it worked before.

anyway, thanks again for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms