Made a top down level. Thoughts

Project%20Boost%20GIF%206

So I turned it into a top down maze style game and added a reverse to it.

3 Likes

Very nice Jason…

I meant to comment on your other post yesterday where you showed the asteroids etc and the “no land in space” comment. I was thinking about your platforms that you currently take off and land on, wondered whether there was something more fitting that could be used instead, perhaps two slightly different asteroids? Perhaps the landing one has a rod on it with a light on the top, blinking or something? (like the American flag on the Moon kinda thing).

I was also going to such a little more variety with the sizes of the asteroids, their rotations and their materials, but it looks like you’ve done most of that already in this clip.

Nice alternative to the standard course game - well done :slight_smile:

Thanks Rob. I like the light idea. I was going to put the pads on top of asteroids, just hadn’t gotten there yet. I also think I should make the levels a little bigger. With this control setup the levels feel a bit small.

I will post more as I go. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi Jason,

I was going to put the pads on top of asteroids, just hadn’t gotten there yet.

I like that idea… you could have even have the asteroids rotating a little bit, to make landing that bit more challenging (read: fun) :slight_smile:

I love this design, and the top-down version is a great twist - it looks fun. Where did you get/create the asteroid assets? I really like them and I’m looking for something similar for another project I’m working on!\

Have you checked out a similar design from beastyn ?

1 Like

Don’t forget the Unity Asset store! You can search and adjust the filters, so if you just want free assets etc…

Check out this filtered search for free asteroids :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got them on the asset store. just search free asteroids.
Yeah I like that design from beastyn. Would be cool if crashing into the treasures gave you something.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms