Low poly pawn & a high poly orb pawn

Quite enjoyed playing with this.
So far I much prefer working in the high poly to low, but do see the importance of knowing how to work in either & how differing applications will require different approaches.
The Orb pawn I’m envisioning being part of a tree/organic set with either metallic or mystical orbs within the pieces.

5 Likes

Looking nice.
the goal of the low poly chess set is to become acquainted with the Blender interface and functions. No problem to go your own way, but sometimes you diverge from the things explained.

1 Like

Both look good. Obviously the HP is better, but the course is teaching basics and simpler meshes make that easier.

I am quite good at going off on tangents! Hopefully most of them are helping to solidify what I’m learning rather than not…I do try to curb them a bit!

I’m really enjoying the class, it’s a great introduction. I’m coming at this from a Prop Maker background, not IT or 3D design. So a very new experience not having the 3D item I’m working on physically in my hands.

1 Like

I generally prefer curves over angles as a design aesthetic (& am a perfectionist) - so think that’s my base for the high poly preference.

Having said that, I was really amazed at how good you could make a low poly model look. Plus how quickly & simply you can create your base shape. I will definitely be playing around with that a bit more!

I can see how important that is to know how to use low poly & how useful it could be. Plus, that it’d be much easier to learn with simpler meshes. I am good at choosing the most complicated/difficult route too do/learn anything…I do try to curb this natural instinct…but often fail!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms