Low Poly discussion

I personally really like the “low poly” look for certain video games, scenes, ect. However, I think that it is generally up to the artist.What do you all think?

2 Likes

I think it’s also commercial driven. High detailed object, cost much time to make and maintain.
Render speed is also an issue. Not only for games, frames per second. But also in animation studios. Time is money!
The same goes for Eevee or Cycles. Partly an artistic or technical choice.

2 Likes

Low poly is a good way to quickly hash out idea before going full ham and making something super detailed. Also sometimes after getting all the low poly out it looks/fits better with the theme of the project.
High poly is quite nice but takes forever to do (and render if your machine is slow). So it’s more of a matter of preference for the project at hand and time to make.
When I think of low poly, Porygon from Pokemon red/blue is the first thing to pop up.

2 Likes

I’m more of a realistic person, who likes beauty and nature and look over every detail so low poly definitely not my style…

1 Like

If you like Low Poly you should check out Imphenzia on YouTube

1 Like

I do quite like the low poly look and while it clearly doesn’t always work well - it’s a great way for individuals to be able to express their ideas reasonably quickly without being hampered by a lack of refined graphical skill or the time it demands.

Another similar way to look at it is - a bad game mechanic with good graphics won’t hold the attention, not anywhere like a good game mechanic with charming low poly would.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms