Low Poly Characters: Simple Man Reference

Where’s the resource file for the “Full Character” reference? I wasn’t able to find it in the resources and the chapter’s blender file doesn’t have the images embedded.

3 Likes

@Marc_Carlyon - where do you follow the course Udemy or GameDev?

GameDev

1 Like

Òk, maybe wait for Marc because I did do the course via GameDev. But it should be there.

Can it be it’s turned off in the Blend file (hidden)?

This is what I used!

No, I’m pretty sure that it’s not in the blend file – it shows a pink square which is how blender communicates the missing texture.

1 Like

Yes, you are right, but blender uses relative paths. So if the .blend file is in MAP A and the image is moved to MAP B. Then the link is broken, pink warning …

Section 4 lesson 38 Reference and Background images In the resources folder for that lesson.

Welcome to this site!

1 Like

If you mean the “Detailed Character > Big Man”, that’s further down (there is a reference there, yeah). What I was looking for is the reference for section 3 “Full Character”.

Here’s a screenshot from the video. Better than nothing …

8 Likes

AHHHH.

You have the brand new Low poy course. That is what is confusing everyone.

Not your fault you labeled it low poly very well. The problem is there is a very basic model like that in the main character course.

I will chase up access to it and mention it to Gamedev. Sometimes their courses suggest finding ones on the web, as part of learning how to work independently of supplied materials.

1 Like

? did they updated the content?

Can we make/create a WIKI about this …?

1 Like

Not updated content, new course. Just a character version of the landscape one, that was the house on an island.

1 Like

Here is the file that Grant used…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms