Low-poly character course final section

So that’s what I’ve got. Right now I’m fighting with doing that colour atlas for exporting into Unity…

6 Likes

Imported it into a game project and managed to get some animation working.
(She’s just walking on the spot and happens to be floating as well, the image is a screenshot of it)

So, having completed the process of importing and animating in the game engine, I can finally say I finished the course… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Nice work! My brother keeps trying to talk me into importing my characters into game engines but it seems like a very intimidating task!

1 Like

Congratulations on finishing the course! What’s up next?

It’s actually not that difficult, once you found all puzzle pieces and how they relate to each other. There’s one thing I still didn’t quite get right (having the colour map properly included with the model … I eventually managed to have some map inside the FBX but it’s not fitting correctly and makes the model look quite funny in a way but not how I wanted it to), so for now it’s still somewhat of a puzzly experience and not a streamlined model to import like from a bought asset pack…
I suppose when I get around to the full character course there should be some section focussing on this task, which I expect to highlight the pitfalls and how to avoid them…

Just some other more coding oriented course which hopefully will give me some insight on a few things that should help with a game idea I’ve got in my mind.
Then there’s an ever-growing stack of courses and tutorials waiting for me…

1 Like

Privacy & Terms