Love it!

Somehow I skipped the videos on Polymorphism the first time through. Noticed that and checked them out, I love it! I love to know the reasons behind why things work!

Most likely they added this later on in the course, cause I felt like a skipped them too. I like how I now understand better why the virtual comes from, but then again I’m not sure if it’s confusing to talk about it straight away.

newbie here. I’d say it was a good introduction. Definitely worth dabbling into it though; I’m understanding it’s a big part of inheritance hierarchies.

I like it very much.
Is there a course on assembly language ?

Me too, I consider myself an experienced C++ programmer, but never asked myself how the vtables actually works behind the curtains. Very enlightening explanation!

1 Like

Very nice intro to assembly and machine code!

Developers these days (yep, I’m showing my age) don’t usually know much about what happens to their code when hitting compile. We should all have more respect for what happens in registers and memory to appreciate why some code has terrible performance.

I also loved this episode. Having stuff explained I would (most likely) never really understand by myself is exceptionally valuable to me, especially when it comes to the “magic” things in the background.

Privacy & Terms