Lost ability to WASD move

Went through this lesson but lost the ability to move via WASD. Is that expected behavior?

I have this same situation at present also - I guess we missed something somewhere. If I find it I will update you, but right now you are not alone :slight_smile:

I can see in the video that Ben appears to be able to click to move and use the WASD keys at the same time. I have to turn off the playerMovement.cs script to regain the WASD ability.

I also note that increasing the Anim Speed Multiplier on the Player object has no effect. The Move Speed Multiplier would appear to modify the behaviour as expected though.

1 Like

Check the next lecture guys. I believe this gets fixed then but doing it from memory and multiple courses simultaniously.

1 Like

Wonderful - thank you.

1 Like

Yep, this follows unchecking the ThirdPersonUserControl component, in the next lecture you poach a few lines of code from it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello.

I got to lecture 20 and it is solved. Hurray.

I am Lecture 14 and I can only Click to Move. If I disable ThirdPersonUserControl. I can still only ClickToMove. WASD does nothing but make my guy change looking direction.

If I enable ThirdPersonUserControl, and disable PlayerMovement. Then I can use WASD, and obviously ClickToMove does not work.

I feel as though I have missed something. I rewatched lecture 11-12 and must of still missed something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms