LoseCollider and sceneLoader error Missing Reference Exception

When I put my game in auto play for testing, it goes thru the 1st level fine, but but it moves tot he next level i get MissingReferenceException errors for my loseCollider and my SceneLoader. saying they got destroyed and still trying to access them. they do get destroyed when a new level comes, I’m not sure how to make the script reference the new GameObjects and Scripts

Hi Capi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Do you use a persistent object in your scene? If so, check if the if-block where the superfluous object gets destroyed contains gameObject.SetActive(false);. If that line isn’t there, add it.

See also:

Hi Nina,
I haven’t figured out what happened yet. but I never created a GameStatus gameObject. I had all the gameStatus code inside my Level script because i didn’t see the need to create a separate object and script. so I went back. moved the scripts to the right places. and it seems to be working now.

I did have the Singleton bug fix applied so I know that wasn’t it.

It’s all working properly now although not quite sure why; I’m sure the answer will come as I progress thru the course.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms