Loosing Track Meshe, tank stops moving

When I made these changes the problem with loosing my meshes spread to the tracks. The sockets remained parented, but the reference to the track mesh was deleted. This happens between recompiles and when I close the editor. The tank also stopped moving. I added log messages to make sure the relevant functions were being called. They were, so something else obliviously changed. I have lost hte track meshes before, but removing the tracks and adding them back usually fixes the issue.

The projectile blue print being cleared in the aiming component has also returned. I suspect this is some sort of race condition, but it could be version differences with the engine, but either way it is an uphill fight to fix the issues that are occurring as changes are made to the project.

I am going to abandon this tutorial, but might revisit it in the future

Hi,

I had the same issues. The reason for the slow down of your tank is that, next to the Tracks’ meshes to disappear, also the Physical Material assigned to the Track mesh disappeared, raising the Friuction to some default which is too high to get the tank to move. So, when you lose the tracks, also check if you don’t need to reassign the physical material too.

That said, this losing of properties like the projectile_BP, tracks mesh, physical mesh, corruption of TankBP’s component tree etc is really starting to cost me a lot of time…

See this thread:

We’re all having trouble with this

The thrust was increased until the tank began to move. I suspect that this is the reason for the flipping tanks; the physics are not properly configured. I will revisit this after my understanding of the physics engine is sufficient.

posted this for other similair problems.

FYI: This blueprint bug is still present in 4.24.1.
Workaround for me is to not use Hot Reloading, especially when modifying header files.
i.e: Compile in VS then start the editor.
There has been a bug filed. Hopefully it will receive some love soon, as Hot reloading is rather convenient.

I’ve had to manually set my meshes in Blueprint

Privacy & Terms