Loop Cuts - Mousewheel

I’m trying to make more loop cuts by using the mouse wheel as directed but it only zooms in and out no matter what I select.

How do you make it set up like the video?

1 Like

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.

• do you use 3 button mouse simulation?
1 Like

The problem here is the mouse wheel just works by default. It is something no one has to think about it just happens. Very hard to work out why it does not for you.

As mentioned by FedPete it might be part of 3 button mouse emulation.

Check in Edit, Preferences, Inputs, Mouse. Do not want it ticked.

It’s not ticked. I’m just following the course step by step.
Every “solution” to my issues so far have people mentioning all these settings I know nothing about. Which is why I’m taking the course.

If there’s a bunch of extra settings to configure, or people expect me to know about them, and what they are, I probably need to find a better course.

Cheers.

AH! I just found out what is causing this actually in this forum.

You are using the T left hand toolbar! It acts like you mention.

The problem is practically no one uses that toolbar, so no one recognises this issue, Blender is shortcut driven. You can use it to access tools but it is always better to use the shortcuts Grant mentions.

If you wish to keep using that toolbar for loop cuts, Click once making one loop, then the pop up panel appears lower left. in that click up the cuts count.

If you want it to work like in the video, do it the way Grant does in the video, by pressing Ctrl R then the mouse wheel will add or reduce loops.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms