Looking for more advanced courses about UI Tookit

In GameDev, is there a more advanced course on UIToolkit? I want to learn more in-depth about UIToolkit so that I can apply it to more complex tasks. (Considering that this course seems to be a just very lightweight introduction into UIToolkit.)

It was intended as just that, a lightweight intro.

It may interest you to know that I’m presently working on prototyping a second section to the course (hopefully my first foray into recording course materials, so no promises it isn’t rough about the edges, I’ll start recording it in a couple of weeks). The second section will be creating the task list as a stand alone player (as opposed to an in editor only tool).

When the course was created, using UIElements at Runtime was… woefully incomplete and inconsistent. They were changing a lot of properties behavior behind the scenes. It’s still not perfect, and getting the layout you want can be a struggle.

Eventually, I’m also going to have a tutorial (likely text) on creating both custom editors and in game UI for the RPG Course series. That’s a bit more complex.

Here’s a sneak peek at the Runtime version, which uses PlayerPrefs to store tasks (including a record of completed tasks) and stores multiple task lists selectable from a drop down.

1 Like

Thank you! Can’t wait to see the new course! Very excited. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms