Look around then shocked video, animation course

Grant has us do a look around and then shocked animation on its own in the action editor, but I was just wondering if it would have been better to try and learn the NLA editor and blend the separate ‘look around’ and ‘shocked’ animations we already made in the previous sections.

This feels like it would’ve been a good place to put an introduction to that instead of creating a new action entirely.

2 Likes

I personally would have like to learn about it too, but don’t know how useful it would be to show NLA in the course since Blender is intending to replace it.

“… Finally, a desire was to make all animation linkable between blend files. This is already possible with Action data-blocks, but the NLA data sits directly on top of the animated object, and cannot be linked without linking the object itself. Furthermore, each object has independent NLA data, so doing non-linear animation with multiple objects simultaneously is tedious. We concluded that we should move the NLA functionality into the Animation.”

3 Likes

Always hard to know what to put in and not I suspect.

1 Like

I think this is a great reason, and I was not fully aware of it/did not recall this, thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms