Long loading time after adding package

Just after adding the animations package and went to try the animation as shown in the video the project now always do some loading when hitting Play ( more or less 10s to 20s ). Something that wasnt happening before adding the package from the lesson.

This is normal, and the time from pressing play to run will increase as your project gets larger. This is because the system reloads all of the scripts and scene elements whenever you press play. Once the game is Built, the player will load much faster (but the time to build is large as it optimizes and packages the game).

Yeah but in the video everything seems perfectly fine and loading fast even after importing. What im trying to say its that i add the animation to the project and it starts having this very long loading times, but if i delete the animation from the project, close Unity and open it again, the long loadings go away

We edit the videos to remove long waiting times. I can’t think of anything specific to the animations that would add to the time, only that they are one more thing that Unity processes before starting the game within the editor.

Im pretty sure there was no noticeable stop-play jump in the video it did looked like Rick pressed Play and it all started smoothly. Anyway that doesnt explain why if i dont have the imported animation all works just fine and after adding it, unity needs to load things for 30s+. I guess ill have to do some google search.

You might try this Unity forum post. https://forum.unity.com/threads/introducing-the-editor-iteration-profiler.908390/

There is also an option to disable Domain reloading in the Editor options, however this will cause significant errors after the first time playing once you get past the PersistentObjectsPrefab section (because persistent objects don’t play well with not using domain reloading between play sessions.

Ok so i did a wide search and found out there were a lot of people complaining about the long loading times for Unity 2020+ and decided to try out Unity 2018 (i know i should have started using the same as the course but i didnt think it would make a lot of difference when dealing with simple stuff like these) and it all started going smoothly and perfect. Loading times are gone and it feels more like the right behaviour since the project is pretty small and theres only a couple of assets so it shouldnt take long to load. Anyway thanks! hope this helps people with the same problem in the future.

That will work for now, but as we progress through the remainder of the courses, we will start using features that require upgrading to later versions of Unity to function properly, with us ending up in Unity 2020 by the last course, Shops and Abilities.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms