Locomotive Progress

Hey guys. Just wanted to share my progress on the locomotive I’m building.

I took these quick renders without materials. Some modifiers might yet not be turned on. But…

What do you think about it so far?

I’m going to add materials and textures, and some details around the control panel now. But before I do so, any comments so far? I know there are some Blender veterans here and I would appreciate any feedback I can get.

14 Likes

Fantastic. Nothing to suggest!

3 Likes

I agree with @NP5 as the detailing you’ve done is fabulous! :grinning:

3 Likes

Ahh good to hear, thank you. Then I can continue to the next step with confidence

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I think this is as far as I’ll go with the details. You could really go on forever :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The light fits the dessert look very well. A bright sunny day, I like that.
The details are amazing. Now start the most difficult part, colors, materials, details …

2 Likes

Thank you. Yeah the most difficult part and what I’ve struggled with before is coming up. But I’m ready to tackle this challange. Will come with a new update soon! :grin:

2 Likes

Just a beginner, but, I think your work is terrific, keep up the good work XXX

1 Like

It’s amazing! XXX

1 Like

Beginner or not. Appreciate your comment. Thank you!

1 Like

any time xxx

Just got a friend of mine visiting me this evening, I normally show him any artworks I’ve been creating, but tonight I made a point of showing him your wonderful train. He thought it was remarkable - really lovely work. Can’t wait to see it finished! xxx

2 Likes

That’s really cool to hear :relaxed: I just moved to a new house and started a new job. So I’ve been busy, stressed out, and haven’t had much time for my project. But I set up my desktop in the new place tonight to get back into Blender, popped into gamedev to see what’s going on, and saw your comment. Really encouraging. Thank you!

1 Like

your welcome, sounds like you have a lot on your plate, lol xxx

1 Like

So it’s been a year since I first started this project. It wasn’t until this summer’s steam vehicle collab I started putting in a lot of time into again. I’m pleased to say that I fixed a lot of the proportions and added some nice detail. I’m going to take a brake from this project for a while to get better at substance painter and hard surface modeling. But I am really happy with my progress so far and I made it my first post on artstation :grin: gordonudo.artstation.com :grin: Eventually want to rig and texture, too. Follow for updates!

AO

Side Reference Comparison

Some viewport matcap renders. The control panel needs to be remade. Because I didn’t find the references for the VT 25 boiler panel until quite recently.

Wireframe of train, Stephenson’s valve gear, and brake rigging.

And lastly a bunch of references. Tried to make it look pro. But I know there is tons I don’t know about making nice renders yet. Looking forward to getting better and growing as a 3D artist! Cheers

1 Like

Privacy & Terms