Local Sound node on screens that uses them?

In the lesson we put the laser shoot on the player screen and the hit and explode on the game screen.
Wouldn’t it be better to isolate the sounds on the screens they belong to?
i.e. all player sounds are on the player screen. All enemy sounds are on the enemy?

Or is there an advantage to having them not associated on the other screen?

Thanks
Daniel

It depends on your perspective about where those ASPs and function calls should live. Maybe you want them on the objects themselves so that those object scenes are more autonomous, or maybe you want them all on the level so your sound debugging can happen all in one script. There’s no absolute right or wrong there; you can make an argument for either side.

You’ve got the right idea though. “Can this object scene be copied and dumped straight into another project and work properly?” It’s not possible for everything you make to be a straight “yes” (even some Godot nodes aren’t autonomous, like PathFollow, as you will see very soon), but in general, anything you can do to get closer to that is almost always beneficial.

2 Likes

Thanks again for your response on this question!
Have you ever thought of being a teaching assistant :wink:

1 Like

Oh it’s a touch early for that I think; I’m still learning just like everybody else here! I just like helping people and trying to solve problems. It keeps me sharp, especially since I’m learning Blender at the same time (answering questions keeps me from getting rusty with that while I focus on Godot). Thanks for this though; it means a lot that you would say that =)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms