Local Park sees UFO land

I still struggle with the IDMasks and setting everything up in the Compositing section of Blender. So, I will have to keep doing things like this until my mind learns what is going on.

Here is an attempt to show a UFO landed in a walking park near me. I struggled with finding a way to get reflections of the actual ground beneath the UFO to show on the bottom of it. I Think I accomplished that. I gave the ground plane in the scene a UV mapped texture of the image that is the background. I then scaled the image so only the grassy area that is shown under the UFO is on the textured ground right under it. It seems to have worked but I kept the hull’s reflection low so as to make sure it didn’t look too obvious that the ground texture was stretched.

7 Likes

Well, I think you did an amazing job. Personally I find this the most difficult part of 3D. Blending inside a real situation.
I have a lot of respect for those CGI people working at movies.

You put a lot of effort in this scenes, but it pays off! Nice job.

Thank you for the comments. It was interesting when I tried to get the grass beneath the ufo to reflect in it’s shiny underside. The only thing I couldn’t get was the window showing the background image behind it. The image seen through the glass is that of the Environment lighting not the background image.

Privacy & Terms