Loading Inventory in a new scene without saving and loading the game progress

Hello Brian. SayI have a main scene for all the Save and Load. The main scene is where players see every time the game is loaded. The main scene has a level selection button for selecting mini games (scenes) where no save is needed (if a game is saved in mini game scene, when the game is reloaded, it will start from the mini game scene.)

Under this scenario, is it possible to only load the inventory in the new scene without saving and loading the game? The savingsWrapper is still a persistence object in the new scene.
Currently I use simple PlayerPrefs: e.g. " int levelReached = PlayerPrefs.GetInt(“levelReached”, 4);" to store how many mini games a player has completed.

If your character contains a SaveableEntity, then you could just leave the Inventory as the only ISaveable on the character. For the most part, it doesn’t matter. I just put a copy of the player with everything on it in the scene. When the scene is loaded and the Player is restored, I put the player on the plinth to be displayed in the Main Menu window. If you put an Inventory screen in the scene, you should be able to view the inventory.

Privacy & Terms