Live Complier coming up with this error

Ok Following allow in UPROPERTY Lesson Right before we are challenged to make our own C++ Variable, while compiling it is saying this piece of code.

---------- Creating patch ----------
Running C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.exe -Target=“ObsAssaultEditor Win64 Development -Project=”“G:/GamesFiles-------/Desktop/DS Projects/0------Learning Unreal/ObsAssault/ObsAssault.uproject”"" -LiveCoding -LiveCodingModules=“C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCodingModules.txt” -LiveCodingManifest=“C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCoding.json” -WaitMutex -LiveCodingLimit=100
Quick restart disabled when re-instancing is enabled.
Log file: C:\Users\Arron MOTL\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
Creating makefile for ObsAssaultEditor (config setting changed)
Parsing headers for ObsAssaultEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “G:\GamesFiles-------\Desktop\DS Projects\0------Learning Unreal\ObsAssault\ObsAssault.uproject” “G:\GamesFiles-------\Desktop\DS Projects\0------Learning Unreal\ObsAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\ObsAssaultEditor\Development\ObsAssaultEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -abslog=“C:\Users\Arron MOTL\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log_UHT.txt” -installed
Reflection code generated for ObsAssaultEditor in 49.5156209 seconds
ERROR: Unable to patch action graph - unexpected executable in compile action (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.19041.0\x64\rc.exe)
Build failed.

Here is what I originally had

UPDATE: Complied with VSCode, it complies but is not recognized in Unreal.

Did you compile with Unreal closed?

Yes with VSCode I did. I also have tested again this moving it is saved to the H files, but after compiling it in VSCode, I open it in Unreal and it is still not recognizing the new code.

Perhaps autosave isn’t working correctly. Could you try disabling autosave and saving manually? and just to be doubly sure, after disabling that make a small edit, save, undo, save.

Ok Auto Save in Unreal or VSCode? I will try both tomorrow and see what comes up.

Sorry I responded to the wrong thread. Could you see this if this helps?

Cannot build due to .json file version not supported - #5 by DanM

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms