Live coding very slow

Is it normal for live coding to take ~5 minutes to finish? I feel that it’s going to be very difficult to progress the C++ portions of the course if even minor edits take that long. (It also doesn’t feel as though the editor is actually doing anything during most of that time)

No, it shouldn’t take that long. Even on a large code edit the longest it’s ever taken my computer is 20 seconds. I do imagine, however, it may depend on how much RAM you have available.

Ok, I restarted the entire section and saved the new project to my SSD (only reason I didn’t last time was because of space issues, my SSD is not very big) and it appears to have solved the problem. Compiling can take ~50 seconds on first time builds and project setup, but now takes about a second, if that. I’m just going to assume it was some kind of RAM or read/write speed issue, but it does appear to be working in time frames less sanity eroding for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms