LinkedIn Profile When Employed?

I currently just got a new job. It’s tech support and I don’t want to be doing tech support for the rest of my life. I had some bad life events and got sidetracked after graduating from college studying game design. I just needed a job to pay the rent and bills. While I build my skills and portfolio and then try getting a game designer job in the industry.

Now, my question about LinkedIn is, I have connections to my boss and co-workers at my current job and I even have my workplace company logo as my banner and a professional picture with a suit on as my profile picture. They told me to do this and promote their company.

I am afraid that if I change my LinkedIn profile to cater more to game design jobs while looking for a job and building my portfolio from scratch, I could lose my current job which then I would lose my apartment and then be unable to work on my game portfolio, etc. Any advice?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms