LinkedIn profile sharing

I haven’t been able to find this elsewhere on this community, but has anyone started up any kind of LinkedIn profile sharing thread?

I’m not exactly at the kind of level where I’d expect any endorsements for my game design efforts, but I’d be more than willing to click an endorsement if I’ve seen examples of good quality work over here. Maybe we could passively request endorsements in a signature line? I don’t really know, I’m just spit balling.

What I do know is that I’d like to start using my LinkedIn account more frequently than I do, but I’ve kept a lot of my current connections at arms length because I’m trying to target a specific career path on there. I’d like to focus more around game asset development, and maybe throw in some game development in there too, so I haven’t actively sought endorsements for my day job skills so far.

Again, I’m just spit balling right now. And I’m certainly not just fishing for endorsements as I’m sure this kind of thread could suggest. I’m not even going to share my profile here yet until I get a feel for what people think about it.
So, what do you think about it?

2 Likes

I’m all for it!

I’ve seen the GitHub directory, but I’ve not seen a LinkedIn directory on the forum. Some people can be fairly picky about who they connect with but I take the philosophy of the more the merrier. If you work in my industry then I’d love to connect with you! :slight_smile:

So for anyone wanting to connect, you can find me here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/garypettie/

Privacy & Terms