LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.34.31933\lib\x64\legacy_stdio_wide_specifiers.lib'

im trying to compile with live coding it looks like a file is missing

im not really sure what to do here

i checked visual studio installation unreal and c++ workloads are installed

seems that 14.35.32215 and 14.33.31629 exists but not 14.34.31933

so i need to change that somehow…

I verified Visual Studio which for some reason deleted Unreal. So then I reinstalled Unreal and now I get a different error:

Could not spawn process C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.33.31629\bin\HostX64\x64\link.exe. Error: 267
Failed to link patch (0.000s) (Exit code: 0xFFFFFFFF)

Do you have C++ installed in Visual Studio? Does that file actually exist? The error is essentially saying it doesn’t which is the problem.

Yes I have installed C++ on Visual Studio.
Turns out the problem is most likely to be with live coding.
Because everything compiles successfully with visual studio code build tasks and manual compile in unreal.
And yes I did reinstall the engine, visual studio, verified all the files, like 3 times over the past 2 days.
But I have no idea why only live coding has issues…
Still get the same error while using live coding:

Could not spawn process C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.35.32215\bin\HostX64\x64\link.exe. Error: 267
Failed to link patch (0.000s) (Exit code: 0xFFFFFFFF)

Do you use any antivirus software?

Except for Windows Defender, I do not use any antivirus software.

That’s weird. Have you tried verifying?
verify

you said you have already tried reinstalling so I don’t have high hopes this will work but it’s the only suggestion I have so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms