Lighting changes when not looking at it

Hi,
I’m following the Zombie Runner course and I have just finished placing some lights. It’s all well and good until I turn around. Then my lighting intensifies. The intensity of the lights also change when I’m moving through the Scene editor. It’s like the light does something different when I’m not looking at it directly.

Hi Koen,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Please go to Window > Rendering > Lighting Settings. At the bottom of the Inspector, click on “Generate Lighting”. You could also try to disable “auto-generate lighting”.

Did this fix it?

See also:

Hi Nina,

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem :frowning:

I’m not sure whether I’ve explained correctly though. Let me elaborate with some screenshots
This is how I expect it to be

And when I turn around a bit:

Suddenly my whole ceiling is green

Is there a lightsource that might affect the ceiling? Maybe the green lamp. What you could try is to tweak the values in the Quality Settings.

If the issue persists, look for tutorials on baking lights in Unity on Youtube.

I have tried disabling the lights one by one and then there was no problem. The problem started when I enabled multiple lights at the same time.
But I’ll try and play with the quality settings a bit and will watch some tutorials. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

That’s important information. Try to increase the pixel count in the Quality Settings slightly. That might solve the problem. However, I would recommend to bake decorative lights anyway for reasons of performance.

You could also try to switch to the deferred rendering path, which works with WebGL 2.0.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms