Levelling system is a bit counter-intuitive, but I understand it now

I got a bit confused by the structure of how we level up. It felt as though it worked backwards, for me. And starting at 1 threw me off somewhat as well. So I monkeyed around with it a bit this morning, trying to build a system that worked off the opposite comparator. That is, instead of XPtoLevel > current XP, I tried to build a system that levelled up when currentXP > XPtoLevel.
i couldn’t quite make it work, though. Partly because of how GetStat returns values based on [level -1], to account for our starting level being 1. So, trying to something like returning startingLevel + level, or level ++ just doesn’t quite work.

So in the end, Sam’s method makes sense. A bit of a brain melter but fair enough!

There are several approaches to calculating levels. In the end, they all come down to a comparison of the current experience to the experience needed. Sam’s method sees if experience needed is greater than current experience and stops looping if it is. The method you’re describing checks to see if current experience is greater and continues looping if it is. I’m glad you’ve got it worked out.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms