Level Moments

I came up with five moments and decided to make a short video for each one.

1. On some levels I added giant fans that cause there to be wind you need to fight against (made possible by adjusting the gravity on those levels). I followed a tutorial to get “wind lines” so it’s a bit more visible that there’s wind even before you see the fans but I don’t really like how they turned out. If I need them again in the future I’d probably just buy some from the Unity store, but it was kinda fun to go through the tutorial to learn a bit more about the particles.
    1_Wind
  2. I have a couple of levels where the actual layout is completely bare (nothing to fly over/under/through) but I spawn some asteroids at the top of the level that come crashing down that the user needs to avoid).
    2_Asteroids
  3. I’ve got a few levels that have lasers that fire at set intervals that the user needs to avoid. The first two levels the lasers always fire on a set schedule, but the third they randomly decide when to fire each time you load the level so it’s never the same twice.
    3_Lasers
  4. I’ve got two levels where there are giant wrecking balls swinging through the scene that you need to avoid.
    4_Wrecking_Ball
  5. Last but not least I’ve got some levels that have teleportation pads that (surprise surprise) teleport you when you land on them.
    5_Teleportation

Then I also built one level that has all of the above just to make things extra tricky.

This was a fun lecture. I liked having to come up with new ideas and then figure out the code to implement them (most of the ones I came up with weren’t too hard, but that teleportation one definitely took some time to think through how it would need to be done).

Oh my, I love how much creativity you are bringing to this game!

I also love how much hard work your putting into this game dev journey, it’s amazing!

Great job!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms